Hi,

these news I read just now:

"ReactionGrid is going to start extensive trials on how the new technology
could be taken into use. The main difference to the SL Viewer - Opensim combo
is that in realXtend the rendering is done with OGRE3D and it is possible to
use standard 3D mesh objects. There are also other benefits worth mentioning,
like spatial voice and next generation free form avatars."
(from http://therexfiles.cybertechnews.org/?p=221 )

and reminded me that I wanted to ask whether there is a roadmap and/or
description of how realXtend and OpenSim will merge/cooperate/diverge?

What is the penalty/benefit from starting off with OpenSim/realXtend? (read
this in all permutations)

In general I like the realXtend approach very much, but I dont want to lose
OpenSim compatibility in upcoming projects.

Best regards,
  Dirk/Bart

<<winmail.dat>>