Melanie wrote:
> Then they simply mandate that users use the inventory provider
> provided by the organization, and not allow HG protocols on the
> grid. Always easier to take away than to add :)

That is unless, in the attempt to make hypergrid work securely, you
remove the ability for an instance of OpenSim to talk directly to and
directly manipulate the assets of a user's inventory w/o asking the
user's client for permission or even worse if you force OpenSim to proxy
through the client it's requests to access the user's inventory.

Wouldn't be too bad I guess, if OpenSim was told told where the user's
inventory/asset server was, and was issued a token allowing it full
permissions to access and modify the user's inventory -- then yes, you
could setup OpenSim to deny connections where the client does not
specify the preferred inventory/asset server, or if a client does not
provide the full access token to it.

--
Michael Cortez