Uh-Oh Diva,
Looks like your thread has been severely hijacked ;)

I think that what has occurred here is that passions have come to a boil,
little misunderstandings have become inflamed into causes of the moment, and
the initial goal of the thread has been lost in the chaos.

If I may try to steer it back in that direction, I would say that Diva's
question was one of a highly practical, technical nature, and not at all one
of philosophy. All she really needs to know is whether 'walled garden' or
'centrally managed grid' is synonymous with the very specific technical
terminology 'trust domain'. I will leave it for others to define 'trust
domain'. Let us for now say that it represents a pool of security policies.
In this somewhat oversimplified description, OSGrid could be defined as a
trust domain in which full trust is assumed of everyone. This is analogous
to the early days of computing, when user accounts had no passwords.

All Diva is attempting to do is to put the uses cases in language that map
to specific technically defineable use cases.

And yes, Diva, FWIW, I think that your definition and use of trust domain is
spot-on in this context ;)

Cheers
James