Since there's long talk about this:

I would like to start by giving out an announcement about the
OpenSimulator website that some people have been saying the last
months:

"What the heck is this website, what does it do and where's the info"

After I heard this over and over again, we started the Wiki Hours on
Wright Plaza on Osgrid only to hear that about everyone thinks the
same about the website.

Talking in the opensim-dev channel made me realise that it's time to
grab the bull with its horns and submit a request/suggestion to all
the questions asked.

Request to make the website OpenSimulator.org a new site:

* Make the current wiki a readonly version under /oldwiki

* Make a new webpage for the OpenSimulator website

** This can easily be made in Drupal or any other CMS system

* Add a new Wiki to the website that has the latest plugins and
MediaWiki version

* Check the old wiki for things that are recent enough to transport to
the new Wiki and transport them

In the opensim-dev channel was also the suggestion to add a new
category to the Mantis "Documentation" and that ppl can add Mantises
about things that need documentation.

Further: I am suggesting that there are going to be policies to abide
by (especially thanks to teravus to mention this)

Please reply on this request with a +1 or a -1 and explain why, how
you see this.