Hello Abhang,

   The Google Gadget Editor doesn't support OpenSocial API calls right
now, so Preview mode will not work inside the editor.  However, you
can still test the files that you edit by installing them into the
Orkut sandbox.  After saving your file, click its name on the top
right hand corner of the gadget editor.  A window should open up to
your gadget's XML file - this will have a URL similar to
http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/105890548194153270838/hello.xml

This URL is what you should install as an application inside the Orkut
sandbox.

Hope this helps,
~Arne