Hi Dustin,

   You're correct - the opensocial.makeRequest function is moving to
the gadgets.io namespace.  Everyone should start using
gadgets.io.makeRequest as soon as possible (especially now that 0.7 is
up on the Orkut sandbox).  I actually haven't had time to play around
with the gadgets.io.makeRequest() function since the change, so please
let me know if you're still experiencing issues with it after the
push.

Thanks,
~Arne