The directory that is currently included in the sandbox will not be
the directory that Orkut uses for launch.  The launch directory will
only contain opensocial gadgets that have been whitelisted for
inclusion, so if you are listed, you will have a much smaller pool of
gadgets competing for users.

You can submit your gadgets for inclusion in the launch directory by
filling out the following form:
http://orkut-app-submission.googlemashups.com/

Sorry for any confusion,
~Arne