Here's the correct calls for navigation between views:

gadgets.views.requestNavigateTo( new gadgets.views.View( 'canvas' )  );
gadgets.views.requestNavigateTo( new gadgets.views.View( 'profile' )  );

Also, like Jelena said, don't forget to add <Require feature='views' />
to your ModulePrefs.

-Dustin