Last few days I was stuggling with my orkut development development
because I was not able to put breakpoint my javascript code. The
reason was a feature known as automatic URL rewriting which is
introduced to combat latency. Here you will find more details about
the feature.
http://orkutdeveloper.blogspot.com/2008/06/rewriting-returns-to-sandbox.html

Because of this feature Visual Studio 2008 was not showing it as
normal .js file and hence nil debugging support.

During application development phase developers can disable automatic
URL rewriting.

Place the following block in your app spec's ModulePrefs element

<Optional feature="content-rewrite">
<Param name="include-urls"></Param>
<Param name="exclude-urls">.*</Param>
<Param name="include-tags"></Param>