I agree with erin,
             It would be very helpful on orkut team's part to have some sort
of regulation on the apps. More importantly i have hardly seen the orkut dev
guidelines being followed, if it is impossible for orkut team to monitor
everything, then i suggest a community be delegated the powers at least to
report such apps to, which can further take up the matter with orkut team if
it deems necessary.

Also, if we could consider the app directory listings, the listings are
based on most number of installs .There are apps with hundreds of thousands
of installs but hardly a couple of thousand daily active users and being
listed on the front page.

I request orkut developer team to consider and address some of these issues.

- Amit