Danek Duvall wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 03:11:13PM +0100, Darren J Moffat wrote:
>

>> I think you missed the point I was trying to make it wasn't a /usr/share vs
>> /usr/lib distinction but the fact that there is already a system wide place
>> for zsh "extensions/plugins/whatever" yet this case appears to be
>> suggesting that /usr/lib/shell/zsh would be that place.
>>

> I'm skeptical that anything zsh-specific should ever go there.  I'm happy
> to see if I can add to zsh's default fpath on Solaris to point to
> /usr/lib/shell/whatever, but the zsh scripts will remain in /usr/share/zsh
> and the zsh loadable modules will remain in /usr/lib/zsh.
>
> Danek

Furthermore, I will point out that we can deal with shells needing
different locations for bits with judicious of symbolic links.  I'm of a
mind that /usr/lib/ksh or /usr/lib/ksh93 should be used.  (I actually
prefer the latter, unless the only things that will ever be in
/usr/lib/ksh will also be capable of being used by the default
/usr/bin/ksh.)

    -- Garrett