Petr,

I have several questions about this project.  Since this is an open
case, I'm changing the cc: to lsarc-ext at sun.com.

I am wondering what requirement we are trying to fill with this
project. FindBugs is downloadable, gets updated frequently, and is not
prepackaged on any other platform I know of.  The version you are
shipping is already out of date; the 1.3.6 release became available a
few days ago.

1. Why does this inclusion in OpenSolaris improve OpenSolaris? Won't
the subset of users who want it just download it like other tools? Is
it worth the 7+MB expansion of the OpenSolaris product?

2. How do you propose to keep the product current, given the
aggressive release of new versions?

3. If we're going to package it anywhere, why not include it in the
NetBeans plugin?

Thanks,
-tdc