On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:57:54AM -0700, Tom Childers wrote:
> Petr,
>
> I have several questions about this project.  Since this is an open
> case, I'm changing the cc: to lsarc-ext at sun.com.
>
> I am wondering what requirement we are trying to fill with this
> project. FindBugs is downloadable, gets updated frequently, and is not
> prepackaged on any other platform I know of.  The version you are
> shipping is already out of date; the 1.3.6 release became available a
> few days ago.

If frequency of release of the upstream project is a component of the ARC's
decision to accept or reject said project, then those guidelines should be
recorded somewhere.  We have seen other FOSS cases which admit to porting the
version which was current at the time of the OSR but are out of date by the
time the ARC cases are submitted.

Dean