James Carlson wrote:

> It's a fast-track, so there's no voting (yet), but if we were voting,
> I'd be opposed to elevating db_mblk.  It just can't work well enough
> to be stable -- you can have multiple mblks that point to the same
> dblk.  It's sometimes useful for examining a dump, but that's about
> it.

I agree that one cannot make arbitrary use of db_mblk since in the
general case it will point to only one of many mblk_ts that may be
linked to the dblk_t. However, in the case of the free_func(), db_ref is
guaranteed to be 1 so db_mblk always points at the one and only mblk_t.

If the general preference is to have the mblk_t passed as an argument to
free_func() then I'm not necessarily against it; I just think it's
slightly pointless in this circumstance.

   Paul

Paul Durrant                    SolarFlare Communications
Senior Staff Engineer           Block 2, 2nd Floor
TEL: +44 (0)1223 518040         Westbrook Centre
FAX: +44 (0)1223 464225         Milton Road
                                 Cambridge, CB4 1YG
                                 UK