Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at Sun.COM> wrote:

> This is no longer on topic for this ARC case, or even the PSARC alias.
> Please find a more appropriate forum.

I recommend you to write a private mail to the person who did start to make the
thread off topic..... This person would need to change the recipient list.

> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > OpenSolaris development is currently locally event driven (a single event
> > only
> > causes work on a single utility). It should be globally event driven (a
> > single
> > event should result in a global code inspection).
>
> I believe OpenSolaris is now around 100 million lines of code - global code
> inspection for every putback would drop us down to a handful of putbacks per
> year - it's just not feasible.   (Technically, it's not even possible, as no
> one person in the world has access to 100% of the sources in Solaris or even
> in the OpenSolaris operating system (aka Indiana).)

ON has 11 million lines of code and most of the problems may be found using
find and grep. There may be a public forum where common bugs (like using a null
constant instead of a null pointer to limit a vararags list) cound be discussed.

J?rg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de     (work) Blog: