"primary-card" is a terrible name -- how about "primary-display"
instead?  (The primary display may be on the motherboard!)

What is the purpose of this, is it for console support?

How is the decision about whether a display the primary or not made?  Is
this user-configurable?  Does it access underlying BIOS structures?
What about in unconventional configurations, such as display mirroring
or TwinView?

    - Garrett