I am wondering if anyone would be interested in discussing Solaris_86 (10 and
later) vis-a-vis Linux?

I have been using Red Hat Linux since 4.2 and am very pleased, as far as
desktops are concerned, with Fedora Core 4.  However, because of several
critical issues (e.g., inability to include proprietary drivers in the kernel,
no "big name" vendor support outside the Linux circle*, etc.,) I really don't
see how Linux could any further inroads (at least into corporate desktops).

Care to share your thoughts?

*IBM is making a big deal on Linux, but I doubt it is providing the kind of
service Microsoft does for Windows.