On 7/7/05, Gerhard S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can you please quote the part of POSIX that
> forbids having working cursor keys in a shell?
> Hint: You won't find it. There isn't any.

I never said that it did. But, it does require certain actions all the
way down to how the cursor behaves when in certain editing modes.

> And is Solaris bourne shell really POSIX compliant now? It
> wasn't traditionally and you needed ksh or xpg4 sh
> for that.

Even if the Solaris bourne shell isn't POSIX compliant (which I have
perhaps wrongly assumed it was), you still have the issue of backwards
compatability, and that is a paramount feature in enterprise level
systems.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/