I read all the posts.  For someone who is very interested in exploring
migrating from Linux to Solaris, I am very pleased to see that most of the
posts discussed the "problems" of Solaris.  I think those posts have given me a
much better view of the road that may lie ahead.  So far, it is actually quite
encouraging.

As I mentioned previously, I have been very actively promoting Linux for many
many years.  Unfortunately, unless Novell can quickly put all its acts
together, I really don't see any future of Linux playing an even non-tritial
role in corporate desktops.

Compared to the inherent weaknesses Linux has, the problems that currently face
Solaris are definitely not insurmountable.  However, one key issue that no one
seems to acknowledge is, there may not be enough time, or a politically
conducive environment, for Solaris to build a momentum.  Is there a viable
foundation for college, or more importantly, high school, kids to peg their
interests?  When Linux is all what they can play in school, my experience is,
they will grow into, not only Linux enthusiasts, but also (ignorant)
Solaris/Sun bashers.

Another oversight I have noticed is that no one seems to bother to separate
Solaris_86 10 from its predecessors.  I have very limited experience with
Solaris, but the differences between 10 and 8, at least on the x86 side, are
shocking.  I don't think many Sun's own developers are aware of these
differences.  Essentially all the Solaris users I talked to thumbed their nose
on OpenSolaris (and many are actively moving toward Linux), because of their
prior unpleasant experiences on Solaris_86.