Hi,

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 02:07 -0700, UNIX admin wrote:
> > Am I the only one that doesn't like the
> > --something-or-other options
> > of GNU related software? Please don't do this to
> > Solaris!
>
> No, you're not the only one. --options are completely uneccessary and serve
> no purpose.

I respectfully disagree. While it does make sense to have fewer
--options on regular usage command lines for convenience/speed, I think
the --options are fundamentally important for relatively new users to
the environment and I certainly don't think you should be alienating
them.

>From my point of view, I'd hate to see something like zenity(1) with a
whole bunch of short options.

Just my 2 cent though...