Hello Casper,

Friday, July 22, 2005, 9:24:06 PM, you wrote:

>>Hello opensolaris-discuss,
>>
>>  I tried to install b18 on Acer 4101WLM notebook with Pentium M
>>  (Sonoma) 1.6GHz with 512MB DDR2 and PCI-X.
>>
>>  Just after kernel started it panics, stack looks like:
>>
>>  kaif_enter+7
>>  kdi_dvec_enter+0x32
>>  panicsys+0x36f
>>  vpanic+0xbd
>>  panic+0xf
>>  die+0xa7
>>  trap+0xfc8
>>  _cmntrap+0x9a
>>  0xdabfa7e9
>>  specfs'spec_access+0x1f
>>  fop_access+0x18
>>  vn_openat+0x287
>>  copen+0x24f
>>  open+0x18
>>  sys_call+0x104

CDSC> You're not the first one; and we believe that this is a memory
CDSC> corruption issue.  (It probably happens again when autopush
CDSC> opens /dev/sad/admin)

CDSC> Now if only we could get a core dump out of this; that would likely
CDSC> require a netboot and a net core dump and even then I'm not sure we'd
CDSC> be quick enough.

It's not my notebook but I think I could try again.
Now, how can I make crashdump over the network during boot?
but of course as you pointed it could crash before it's possible to
core over the net...

Anyway I'm willing to help (very limited access to the notebook).

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]