I noticed that Bob Lunnun and Eric Boutilier (among probably quite a few
others) both mentioned OpenSolaris as a viabile platform for embeded systems.

In a recent article:

http://taiwan.cnet.com/news/ce/0,2000062982,20100765,00.htm

it was mentioned that while the prospects of PDA and cell phones are
decreasing, PDA/cellphone combos are raking significant market shares (from 30%
to 70% of total PDA sold in Taiwan in six months).

I was wondering, for a PDA manufacturer, how realistic (or unrealistic) it
could be to bet some of his/her chips on OpenSolaris?

OTOH, a Solaris powered PDA/phone which can be plugged to a TV as monitor,
IMNSHO, will be one of the best ways to achieve the "network as computer"
nirvana.  (Ever wonder why Cisco is buying Nokia?)  Thanks.