Dennis Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Well, Compiling OpenSolaris does not produce packages but
> > 8 CPIO archives.
> >
> > If I install SchilliX and add pkgadd, I still cannot use most
> > blastwave packages because blastwave packages contein dependencies
> > to SUNW packages that seem to be missing on SchilliX because there
> > is no package database.
> >
> > Jörg
> >

> These are the sort of things that we need to address.  I am working on
> a new Subversion repository for all the software at Blastwave right
> now.  If we also implement a build system then we can move towards a
> source set that excludes SUNW dependencies that are currently not open
> and gradually work towards a better way to build a complete OS which
> will include all these other software packages.  A grand leap I know,
> and certainly not about to happen overnight.  Any step taken today
> towards an open build system would be a step in the right direction.

I am already working on this build system. SPS allows you already to
compile various software systems with extremely different internal build
systems, so it seems to be suited for this task.
I currently use it to create star packages for SchilliX and as the list
format for creating these packages does not differ much from the SVr4
package format, it would be simple to modify it to create SVr4 packages too.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/