> The Acer Aspire 502x should be able to run Solaris aswell, true?

It will, however due to a problem with the BIOS, a workaround is
necessary, you need to run the kernel debugger to get the Nevada
installation media to boot the OS. I don't know if there's likely to
be a fix included in one of the forthcoming Nevada builds due to Acer
needing to make a change to the BIOS, however I do intend to compile
my own build that will work on the 502x series in the next few days.

You can read more about the issue here:

I bought a 5024 for the specific reason of it being similar spec to
the Ferrari 4000 (which doesn't suffer from this BIOS issue)

Conor