On Thursday 11 August 2005 18:45, Shawn Walker wrote:
> > Which laptop is it, and what devices are in it?
>
> It's a Dell Inspiron 9300. The main devices I care about are the Intel
> Pro Wireless 2200B Chipset (Centrino), SigmTel C-Major Audio, and the
> PCI Express Radeon Mobility X300 Video card. At last check, the
> wireless and video were unsupported, and the laptop is useless to me
> without Wireless (no point in buying a dongle for something that will
> eventually be solved).

That shoudl run Solaris fine, and there is a Centrino driver in the works,
just not sure where it is in being released, but all the wireless is in the
same boat.

I would install the latest nevada/express on it, the new boot architecture is
critical for some laptops.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering - Sun on Sun is the way of the future!