On Sep 7, 2005, at 08:55, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I think Roy is merely pointing out that "OpenSolaris should be under
GPL" discussions and there derivatives ("CDDL is better than GPL",
"GPL is better than CDDL", "GPL is not free", "CDDL is not free")
are pointless and have no place on opensolaris-discuss because the
license situations is not going to change.\

I find strident and over-assertive language distressing whichever party is using it. While OpenSolaris will not be switching to GPL any time for reasons I have articulated on my blog, the CDDL may well be updated and improved at an indeterminate future point and understanding issues with it is valuable.

S.