[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm not sure why the choice of venue is such a big issue: someone will
> chose the venue and whether you do it at the time of writing the
> license or at a later point in time is irrelevant.
>
> It's a fix to the MPL which always uses Santa Clara (I think) which is
> rather awkward if the dispute is between two Europeans.
>
> >In any case, the choice-of-law is more important and can be set without
> >problems in the licence.
>
> The CDDL is meant to be reusable; fixing the law to be in the US
> would be counter productive.

As a note: It was me who requested this feature. If it was not in the CDDL,
the CDDL would not be usable for individuals like me.

If there are people at Debian who dislike it, they abviously don't understand
the problems of individuals who write open source software :-(

Requiring the license to be written in a way that it favors those who break
the license and in a way that discriminates those who write the software
looks more than strange.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/