On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, S Destika wrote:

> It's common knowledge for any technical person that Linux is faster

I think you mean that it was a common *opinion*.

> than Solaris. Till Solaris 10 the gap in performance was _huge_. I

In some, perhaps many, lower end cases, Linux did have a performance
advantage over Solaris, prior to Solaris 10.  But people who think
that the "Slowaris" moniker still applies really ought to try Solaris
again, and maybe take a look at the benchmark results and world records
Solaris 10 has been setting.

For example, from what I've heard, Solaris 10 is the only OS that comes
near to saturating a 10 GBE link.

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638