> This statement is so wrong, since you give nothing to
> back it up. For
> instance, are you talking about the Linux 2.0.xx
> kernel? Linux 2.2.xx kernel?
> Linux 2.4.xx kernel? Linux 2.6.xx kernel? And how do
> you calculate speed? Is
> it on a system with 80% load, or 5% load. Everything
> is relative.

Yeah, you can call me IDIOT for not knowing this (!:)
 but have you ever checked the Solaris bug database, assuming whoever files
bugs there and accepts them, both understand what you say above? Tell me if all
those bugs which I refer to  below in reply to Cyril are fixed but they forgot
to mark them so.

> What Linux kernel do most shops run in production?
> The way I see it, many
> people change their kernel on Linux at the same pace
> they change their
> underwear. There are features in Solaris that will
> take years for Linux to
> duplicate, if they can duplicate it at all. At some
> point the Linux kernel
> will need to be re-written, while Solaris can build
> upon it's base.
Wow. As if you took ability tests for the Linux kernel
developers and are stamping on their inabilities.
Excellent confidence in other people's inabilities without knowing who they are
and what they can do. BTW on the same level it can be said that Solaris will
never run on embedded devices and 16 architectures.

And Linux shops run RHELx , SLESx where they are supported and they don't
change kernel versions daily. You seem to be thinking that only enthusiasts run
Linux.