ken mays <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wow! A lot of progress in a week. I think

There was always progrss in the past (except for 6 weeks
of vacation). Sometimes, the progrss is invisible...

> Schillix-0.2.1 and the build kit is a good starting
> point of greater things to come. Hope to compare the
> latest in Belenix and GNU/Solaris.

I believe that when I have been able to compile OpenSolaris
on SchilliX, we did reach en important milestone.
For me, SchilliX has always been the platform developed from a
developer for developers. As long as it cannot recompile itself,
it is incomplete for me.

> I'm planning to do a bit of development and testing
> of the OpenSolaris distros (Schillex/Belenix) on a bit
> of a reference platform:
>
> The Hypersonic Aviator EX7 notebook
> http://secure.hypersonic-pc.com/scripts/custom_sys.asp?sysid=Aviator_EX7
>
> If I remember correctly, a few Sun engineers are using
> the Acer Ferrari notebooks.

Isn't this a Intel based system while the Acer Ferrari uses a amd64
CPU? Well, you may order a EM64T compliant CPU....

> How can the issue with 'starving artists' (i.e.
> unfunded OpenSolaris projects) be addressed in a
> 'politically correct' manner?!? Many of the pilot
> members have great ideas, some members are still in
> college/universities, yet when these projcts are
> unfunded they tend to slowly 'starve' themselves into
> the great abyss.

I currently don't have the right idea but I need to find a
solution within the next 2 months.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/