I can think of the Solaris Univesity Challenge as one way of getting rewarded for doing some cool work on OpenSolaris.

~Joe

ken mays wrote:

Wow! A lot of progress in a week. I think
Schillix-0.2.1 and the build kit is a good starting
point of greater things to come. Hope to compare the
latest in Belenix and GNU/Solaris.

I'm planning to do a bit of development and testing
of the OpenSolaris distros (Schillex/Belenix) on a bit
of a reference platform:

The Hypersonic Aviator EX7 notebook
http://secure.hypersonic-pc.com/scripts/custom_sys.asp?sysid=Aviator_EX7

If I remember correctly, a few Sun engineers are using
the Acer Ferrari notebooks.
How can the issue with 'starving artists' (i.e.
unfunded OpenSolaris projects) be addressed in a 'politically correct' manner?!? Many of the pilot
members have great ideas, some members are still in
college/universities, yet when these projcts are
unfunded they tend to slowly 'starve' themselves into
the great abyss.

Maybe something someone can address at one of those
"CAB" meetings... ???

~ Ken Mays