>Since I'm not a kernel developper, I'm afraid I have no answers to your
>questions.
>I just saw this as a end-user: I'd like the OS to unload/reload (for example)
>my sound card driver
 if it does not work anymore, it'd be cool. I don't know how it could be done,
I don't know if it i
s possible ... That's just an idea, and maybe it's not a good one.

Ah, when I think of "cool features" I generally think that that means
features I have seen working elsewhere and which address a problem I
currently have under Solaris.

In the case of the sound driver: there are cases where the driver thinks
it's all OK but the sound is distorted; so a more generic "reset this
device" function might be more appropriate.

Casper