On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Stephen Hahn wrote:

>   Commentary is encouraged.  We can start to look at specific
>   SCM-dependent tools next week, unless we are more distant from
>   consensus that I believe...
>
>   Enjoy the weekend; my thanks to all.

... snip ....
>     Therefore, we have decided to select Mercurial as the DSCM for
>     OpenSolaris. In the coming time, we hope to work with the Mercurial
>     community to address any issues we may find while integrating
>     Mercurial into the OpenSolaris repository framework and converting
>     existing source bases to use it.
..... snip ....

Indeed.  Many well-earned Thanks to all who participated in the SCM tool
selection and to Stephen Hahn for taking the lead role.

I think that Mercurial is the worthy winner of the evaluation.  The passion
of its developers and their willingness to vigorously defend the tool in
the face of the competition and yet provide detailed email clarifications
and meaningfuly contributions during the evaluation process, also makes
them deserving OpenSolaris DSCM champions.  I continue to be impressed by
their ability to provide OpenSolaris relevant support for their "product"
without even being asked to.

No doubt that bugs/deficiencies will be discovered as we get comfortable
with Mercurial and apply it to the *huge* body of open source that is the
OpenSolaris project.  But I feel comfortable that the Mercurial developers,
along with the OpenSolaris community, will quickly overcome any discovered
hurdles and, in the process, make Mercurial into an even stronger
product/project.

Getting a DSCM into production for OpenSolaris is a huge priority.  Please
help in any way you can to make it happen.

Again - many Thanks to all the participants.

Happy Friday!

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris.Org Community Advisory Board (CAB) Member - Apr 2005