I think the problem is not the criticism, but rather, the way in which it is
presented. The blog entry doesn't really qualify as "constructive criticism"
because it fails to offer "valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of
others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly
manner rather than an oppositional one"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism).

Personally, I think many people are more than willing to address any criticism
directed at Solaris as long as it's constructive. This particular blog entry
makes some claims in an oppositional tone without valid and well-reasoned
arguments to back them up. Not everything on the page lacks a constructive
tone, yet, it could have been done better.

Not that I expect the person to be perfect in how they give feedback, they're
only human after all ;)

-Shawn