On 5/28/06, Alan DuBoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Saturday 27 May 2006 11:24 pm, Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
> Not to sound negative, but isn't the port of RealPlayer 10 to Solaris
> x86 and SPARC more a demonstration of Real opensourcing its client,
> and SUN picking up the ball and running with it?

Not as far as I can tell, and this seems to imply that you don't understand
how Real productizes their software.

Helix is used in the RealPlayer, and is the same player. What RealPlayer is,
is no more than a bundle of codecs. So, not to sound positive on you, but
have you looked to see what actual codecs are included in Solaris?

If not, you might want to take a gander and see which ones are there for
yourself.

As for the other negative comments, can't help there.

Just had a look, its a nice player, would even be nice with portable
player support, and a good music library facility.

Matty