Nicolas Williams writes:
> > Failing to produce those sorts of schema leaves you with just a
> > handful of code numbers plus free-form text wrapped prettily in XML.
>
> Each message could reference the schema/dtd that it conforms to...
>
> And existing MIBs could be re-used, perhaps.

I await that MIB to XML converter.  ;-}

> > > For the record, I've not read these I-Ds...
> >
> > Worth a read.  They're not all that long, if you can wade through XML
> > and BEEP.
>
> Ew, BEEP.  Only RFC3195 (Reliable Delivery for syslog) mentions XML or
> BEEP.  The SYSLOG WG I-Ds make no mention of XML, much less BEEP.

Oh!  Someone else on this thread mentioned the reliable delivery
(syslogng) mode, and I thought you were also referring to that.

The SYSLOG WG I-Ds are far less ambitious than that.  I have no real
objection to those at all.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>