> On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > Total build time was approximately 2:45 (1.28Ghz
> UltraSPARC-IIIi, 2G
> > RAM, Hitachi Travelstar 5K80 40G IDE HD with UFS
> logging turned on).
> > This compares to 4:05 on my dual 450Mhz U60 with 2G
> RAM and 36G SCSI.
>
> Blimey!  The same build takes about 90 minutes on my
> Ferrari (2 GHz
> Athalon64 Mobile CPU, 2GB RAM, Hitachi 60 GB 7200 RPM
> drive)!
>
> --
> Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, OpenSolaris CAB member
>
> President,
> Rite Online Inc.

What ?
Rich Teer has moved to a PeeCeee.
Isn't that the same guy who once called his U60's a set of "real computers"?!
Just back in early 2005 or late 2004, if not later?

And then you go on and make a sparc laptop a bad machine ?

Rich, I'm really really disappointed of you      ;)
And this happened almost a year ago and I did't even notice ...

Martin