On 02/07/2006, at 5:51 AM, John Martinez wrote:
On Jun 22, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Boyd Adamson wrote:
Ok, an update to this.

I'm now running Parallels' release version (build 1848) and it seems they have resolved at least some of the problems, but the significant ones I mentioned earlier in the thread are still there.

However, I think I have a workaround for the more significant one, where boots from recent builds can't mount the CDROM, even though they boot from it.

Seems that Solaris 10 6/02 is also plagued by the same issues. The installer just hung.

If you boot the ISO image (I'm using the DVD image) then press "e" at the grub menu, then "e" again, you can edit the kernel line to change:

kernel /boot/multiboot kernel/unix -B install_media=cdrom

to:

kernel /boot/multiboot kernel/unix -B install_media=cdrom,atapi-cd- dma-enabled=0

Cool, I'm trying this now with Solaris 10 6/06 on my new 17" MBP with the release version of parallels. I'll report later to see if it works, but so far, it's father down the road than it was without the additional option.

I haven't tried with Sol10 06/06 but I can report that build 41 of Nevada works fine with this fix in place. I did have to make sure that the kernel command is edited for every boot, including boot from the installed image. Once the new installation is up you can, of course, edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to avoid having to do this manually every time.

Boyd