>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Surely changing it strikes me as a "wanton change"; making it configurable
>> is fine with me; changing the default is not.  Especially since PCs have
>> a firmware setting which can be controlled; Solaris should not override
>> that firmware setting.
>
>I'm not asserting we should change the default state, I agree with you
>that the firmware setting should be respected until such time as the
>user presses NumLock to alter that.
>
>What does need to change is the install program to not be so
>"sensitive".  We know install needs lots of work anyway and there are
>projects in progress for that already.

Oh, absolutely.  And it could even do what windows does when you mistype
your password; it will tell you when capslock was on.

Of course, there's the issue of not being able to tell what the status
of the keyboard is; the installer may be running on a real serial console
rather than the faked one made up from a graphics device and a keyboard.

Casper