On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 20:07 -0700, Rich Teer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Given that GNOME is Sun's forward direction for windowing environments, I
> have been trying to use it more often

Well done (:

> (the photo previewer in Nautilus
> makes this easier to do!).  The trouble is, as a long-term CDE user, there
> are several major road blocks to my doing this.
>
> At the top of the list right now is the fact that dtterm doesn't play nicely
> with GNOME, wrt background colours.

> Like just about every geek I know, I
> use green on black with my terminal windows, so to get the effect I want
> (i.e., green on black text, with default colours for menus and the scroll
> bar) I have the following in my ~/.Xdefaults:
>
>       Dtterm*dtTermView*foreground:   green
>       Dtterm*menuBar: false
>       Dtterm*saveLines:       10000s
>       Dtterm*geometry:        132x24

Some default X resources are set in /usr/dt/config/Xinitrc.jds.
These ones seem to be related to dtterm:

*XmText*background: seashell
*XmTextField*background: seashell
*background:    #AE00B200C300

I've tried changing these in ~/.Xdefaults and it worked.  (Not that I
encourage anyone to use dtterm under GNOME -- I don't remember how
I survived without tabs ;)

HTH,
Laca