On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Dennis Clarke wrote:

>     I propose that a project be formed to port OpenSolaris to the PowerPC
> and POWER Architecture.  The initial  port should  be tightly constrained
> to a specific  hardware reference  platform and  based on a 32-bit single
> CPU implementation.  Members of the Solaris community have already formed
> together in order  to achieve  this and  we have  selected the Genesi ODW
> Workstation as  the  hardware platform  for a number of  reasons.  Much
> discussion was  held and  the decision stands  within the community.

+1, although note that there is already a PowerPC community.  I think it
would be best to rename the latter to "Ports" or somthing similar, and then
have this proposed project housed within it.  (One of the things we're going
to try to do once the governace doc is out of the way is rationalise the
number of communities.  We have too many communities at the moment, and some
would be better off being recast as projects.)

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638