On Sunday 06 August 2006 06:07 am, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Nexenta suffers from the CDDL FUD spread by Debian
> and Apache (as I have been told by the Apache project leader)
> suffers from the fact that Debian applies unneeded patches that
> make Apache behave different on from all other OS if you are on Debian.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by that, Debian has always had their own
apache modules and such that have loaded, AFAIK. The maintainers make sure
that it's working in a Debian distribution, how they want it.

I want to know what is being done about CDDL, and if they're forcing those
packages into non-free because of the license. If that's the case we need to
do something about it.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group