> Hi,
>
> I have linux box with Fedora Core 5.

Just like a whole lot of people.  No problem.

> I want to install OpenSolaris and from the download page, it says
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/on/
> ------------------
> If you choose to install from pre-built archives, you will need:
> A system installed with a suitable OpenSolaris distribution, which at this
> time is limited to Solaris Express: Community Release
> -----------------
>
> I am puzzled, to install OpenSolaris needs OpenSolaris running?
> Can't I just pop in the DVD and auto boot with CD and start installing?

Feels like chicken and the egg doesn't it ?

> If not, how can I install OpenSolaris into my hardisk which does not run
> OpenSolaris?

Well you do need to create the Solaris Express Community Edition DVD and
yes, pop it in, and then install.

Its a brave new world and really not like Linux to install regardless of
what people tell you.  It is not Linux and its not Windows but the installer
is really bloody obvious.  So just pop in the DVD and install.

Once you have the Solaris Express Community Release running then you can
install the Sun Studio 11 tools and build your own.  I wrote a really
detailed set of steps on that in two places :

    How to build OpenSolaris
    http://www.blastwave.org/articles/BLS-0050/index.html

and far more cool is the non-debug builds:

    How To Build NON-debug OpenSolaris
    http://www.blastwave.org/articles/BLS-0056/index.html

Does any of this help ?

Dennis