Hey Jerry,

If you want to give Open Solaris a try, you can try BeleniX .. http://www.belenix.org

Its a live CD and seems to fit your requirement. You can try it without messing up the HDD and if you like it.. just run hdinstaller :)

The .iso is 675 Mb big

Regards
Anil

On 10/3/06, Jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I have linux box with Fedora Core 5.

I want to install OpenSolaris and from the download page, it says
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/on/
If you choose to install from pre-built archives, you will need:
A system installed with a suitable OpenSolaris distribution, which at this time is limited to Solaris Express: Community Release

I am puzzled, to install OpenSolaris needs OpenSolaris running?
Can't I just pop in the DVD and auto boot with CD and start installing?

If not, how can I install OpenSolaris into my hardisk which does not run OpenSolaris?

Thank you.
Jerry