Jerry wrote:
Hi,

I have linux box with Fedora Core 5. I want to install OpenSolaris and from the download page, it says http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/on/
------------------
If you choose to install from pre-built archives, you will need:
A system installed with a suitable OpenSolaris distribution, which at this time
is limited to Solaris Express: Community Release
-----------------

I am puzzled, to install OpenSolaris needs OpenSolaris running?
Can't I just pop in the DVD and auto boot with CD and start installing?

If not, how can I install OpenSolaris into my hardisk which does not run
OpenSolaris?

Well it seems you are mixing up fresh install and building from source steps. Of course you need to install from DVD if you want to do a fresh install. To
  grab the Solaris Express Community Release DVD head over to:

  http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/on/

In addition to fresh install from install DVD (or CD) you can build OpenSolaris from source or update your installed version of Solaris Express via prebuilt
  binary archives to get the latest and greatest stuff.

More details on getting/installing the OS from DVD and building from source
  (if  you wish) are here:

  http://www.blastwave.org/articles/BLS-0050/index.html
  http://www.blastwave.org/articles/BLS-0056/index.html

Regards,