James Carlson wrote:
> Glynn Foster writes:
>>> What exactly are you looking for here?  The project name (it's "Zulu,"
>>> if that helps)?
>> Because it makes people [non-Sun, non-ON, whatever] feel like they're part of
>> something rather than the monkeys they currently feel because there's a
>> blindfold around them at almost every corner of this damn project right now.
>>
>> I'm really not asking for too much, just some common courtesy and keeping
>> people
>> in the loop as much as possible [1]
>
> Common courtesy?
>
> I fully understand that people want to be kept "in the loop," but in
> this case I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're getting at.
>
> Someone made a mistake.  A simple mistake.  He's sorry and unlikely to
> make it again.  I do not understand what purpose it would serve to
> hang him out to dry.

I'm not asking to name names or anything like that. Far from it, and never
suggested that. Mistakes happen and I'm fine with that, I screw up all the time.

> By your words here, you're making it sound to me as though someone
> might be hiding something.  That's the part that really disturbs me.
> Other than the name of the person who fumble-fingered a script (which
> I think is wholly irrelevant), I don't see that anything at all has
> been held back.

No, we're not hiding things intentionally I expect. Just forgetting that there
are some people that don't have access to half the resources that you or I have
and then expecting them later to do A, B and C because of events X, Y and Z that
happened previously.

Anyway, nevermind, this thread isn't going anywhere....

Glynn