>Desktop release: drop CDE,add boot splash,more new code from opensolaris new
>projects into the sys
tem,more GTK+ apps and tools (for example...)

Why?  What additional cost (apart from CDE) is there in distibuting
CDE?

>Enterprise Release: maintain a strong compatibity with old software and
>hardware (for example...)

I think it's a requirement for both to keep strong compatibility.

Strong compatibility and progress do not exclude one another.

Do you really want Six edition of Solaris?

(When it turns out you can't do stuff with Windows XP Home that you
really want to do, is that good?)

The fragmentation of Windows will precipitate its downfall.

Casper