On 1/5/07, Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ignacio Marambio Catán wrote:

>> > I believe that your time reengineering / repackaging software in RPM
>> would be better spent formally extending `pkgadd` and friends with
>> features that `rpm` has and `pkgadd` tools don't.
>>
>> exactly which needed features are those that rpm has that pkgadd does
>> not ?
>>
> if youre taking RFE orders... :)
> i dont know about rpm, but i would like to see some of the urmi
> features integrated, urpmi is a tool from mandriva ( a redhat
> derivative) that can be configured to automatically download packages
> from the web or the mandrake cd, it behaves much like apt does

pkgadd http://example.com/stuff/foobar.pkg
pkgadd https://example.com/goodstuff/barfoo.pkg

Both already work in pkgadd.

aparently i was not clear enough in my explanaition about urmpi,
urpmi xchat
installs the package xchat from either the cd or a remote package
repository, it will also download and install all the necesary
dependencies. think of pkg-get

nacho