On 1/14/07, noel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
great.

so what should we do to get this cheat sheet goin? What would be the most
important commands to put? and which config files are also significant and
different for administering the system?

Hmm, I was just checking out solaris cuz sun says its the most secure os. But
my real question is why people are leaving linux for a foreign environment like
solaris. It seems that there is somewhat less software available for solaris.
(I don't mind paying for software if it's what I'm looking for, so there might
be commercial apps for solaris that I haven't come across).

my reasons were, increased stability, standard compliance,
predictability and real backwards compatibility. the only thing that
keeps me from using solaris all the time is lack of wireless drivers
for my laptop

nacho