I have a Sun Ultra 10 with only 128 MB of memory. I intend to run some
kind of solaris kernel on it (closed or open) and ZFS - at home, as an
experiement. Suggestions?

ZFS is only supported by Solaris 10 and Open Solaris. Solaris 10 with
ZFS requires 512MB RAM, so that won't work.

Most of the Open Solaris distros are only for x86 architectures,
though I could not check all of them because those projects are not
forthcoming about system requirements. The ones that do mention system
requirements make no mention of additional ZFS requirements.